AFFIRMING THE VALUES OF THE GRÉGOIRE FAMILY BY A NEW VISUAL IDENTITY
The man controlling his rearing horse symbolises the audacity of our family. “In each generation, we have never given up on anything. We are very proud of this legacy.”
In tribute to their farrier grandfather, the blacksmith becomes the emblem of the property. The craftsman’s patience and tenacity forge the family’s destiny.
The woman symbolises beauty and sensuality in the widest sense. Feminine beauty is part of this, but it also covers the beauty of a vineyard, a job or a wine. “Beauty is like a muse that guides and inspires all our acts!”
A grandmother, mother or wife. A woman is also the guardian of a family’s values. “The owl is in honour of our father, who was fascinated by these birds, and the squirrels are in recognition of the small inhabitants of the Château Ripeau park.
METICULOUS WORK IN THE VINES
For the Grégoire family, Château Ripeau carries the promise of a great wine. But beyond his remarkable terroir he has other assets. As soon as they arrived, Cyrille and Nicolas Grégoire, accompanied by their Operations Manager Julien Salles, took on several major projects.
- Resistivity testing revealed it and pits dug to verify the data in the maps confirmed it. The starting point for the systematic restructuring of the vineyard was a detailed understanding of this sandy gravel topsoil with its veins of iron-bearing clay below.
- Vine removal and drainage on 3.5 hectares have already been cleared of vines and will be replanted in 2018, half with Merlot and the other half with Cabernet Franc.
- Rigorous soil work and the establishment of a drainage system around plots and inter-rows.
- Use of strictly organic soil conditioners derived from plant and/or animal ingredients to improve the structure and constituents of the earth.
- Remedial pruning to reinstate sap flows and optimise fruit distribution.
- The vine support systems were renewed and heightened to enhance leaf surfaces.
A STRONG APPROACH FOR A MODERN VITICULTURE, RESPECTFUL OF HUMAN BEING AND ITS ENVIRONMENT.
- No herbicides thanks to a careful work of the soil, realized partly with the horse
- No insecticides by setting up alternative methods like sexual confusion
- No fungicides through the use of Biocontrol products, Biostimulants and Physiofortifiants
- Installation of a weather station on the property to help define the dates of application of products
- Optimization of spray equipment
- Integration of the Environmental Management System (EMS) of the Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux to obtain the ISO14001 certification.
PRECISION AND MODERN TECHNIQUES
The Grégoire family defined a renovation project with architect Christophe Massie that recognizes the value of the existing buildings. The purpose of the refurbishment was to create various living and work areas.
The renovation of all the buildings, under the direction of the architect Christophe Massie of the L’Arsenal agency, including the construction of new cellars and a vat combining high technology and functionality.
A landscaping project to magnify the green setting of its listed park, covering an area of 1.5 hectares, while respecting its initial structure realized in 1874 by the famous landscape architects Denis and Eugène Bühler.
The creation of exclusive reception, reception and accommodation spaces. Privileged places for tasting and discovering the art of living in a family property.